10.12.2011

Faith and Multiplying Mixed Numbers.

Last Thursday Faith hit her first roadblock while multiplying mixed numbers. We did the curriculum lesson and although she got an 80 percent, which is the minimum requirement to move on, I knew she didn't really get it. On Monday, she had her eClass with Dr. W. and that lesson was also on multiplying fractions. The entire class was given an additional assignment on multiplying mixed numbers from Dr. W. using a different online program. She got a 60 percent, so I made her do it again. So at 'Terrific Tuesday' I spoke to Dr. Weaver about it and she gave me another online resource to use that would present it differently. Before I went to the online resource that Dr. W. suggested, I went to my personal educational reference site Khan Academy. I could get lost for days if not weeks at Khan Academy--this blog isn't called Unabashedly Nerdy for nothing. Anyway, she GOT it immediately, took the test and moved on to dividing fractions. Here is the video we watched, however the lessons on Khan are seemingly endless so there are no limits to what you can learn there.

No comments:

Post a Comment